If you take a stand for the truth of the Gospel – the unadulterated pure Gospel – then you will probably be labelled a heretic or even a legalist. Jesus came to earth to reveal God to man and bring about God’s plan of salvation for mankind, but guess what? …He came to His own but His own did not receive Him… (John 1:11).
- Jesus never tried once to water down God’s Holiness but continually told man that he needed to repent and be saved.
- Jesus was never a friend of religiosity but yet was a friend to those who knew that they were sinners and desperately needed Him.
- Jesus never abused God’s holiness but expounded and amplified His Holiness through His righteous living. Jesus never promoted praise and worship like Churches promote it today, but instead declared that His people should; …worship in Spirit and in truth… (John 4:24).
- Jesus never came to promote a Church but said that He alone would build the Church (Matthew 16:18).
- Jesus never came to promote emotionalism and higher emotional experience but He met people where they were, in a world that was cruel and hard and even said that; …Tomorrow will have troubles of its own… (Matthew 6:34).
- Jesus never came so that church buildings could be filled and that different religious beliefs could be syncretised. (When I say syncretised, I mean that Jesus never taught that all religious beliefs could be thrown into one basket and then that would be good enough for salvation. Even so-called Christianity does not always believe the same words and doctrine of Jesus Christ and His words which He spoke and revealed on His father’s behalf. You either love the one or hate the other, or despise the one and love the other; there is no middle ground as far as Jesus was concerned.)
No Wonder Jesus Christ only lasted Three Years!
Jesus only lasted three years in the midst of a world looking for a Saviour who would bow to their own ways. He came to declare heaven on earth, the Kingdom of God at hand, and even though it was God’s sovereign plan for Him to die and rise again, According to man’s own doings, He was murdered because He never capitulated. Acts 5:30
Now, let me give you a random example amongst many other examples. For instance: Hillsong has invited almost anyone to lead their praise and worship, even the latest addition, namely; Selena Gomez; a beautiful, extremely talented, a crowd-drawing charismatic singer and an iconic artist who is well-known world over. If one can sing and perform and even mention Jesus in a song then that seems to be good enough for the crowds. The draw card for the masses seems to be “PRAISE AND WORSHIP” and that is where the buck stops. Even Selena Gomez, under the guise of Christianity, is able to make people think that; because they attended a “Sing Along”, they have pleased God and have drawn closer to God amidst the hype and the crowd’s robotic and euphoric participation. Hillsong (and the likes of them) are able to attract thousands and thousands of people, especially the targeted youth, and go from strength to strength in their mass-acquired audiences. However, if it was Jesus on that stage, because of the post-modern Christian beliefs, and demand for emotionalistic experiences that people are so driven by, He, Jesus, would have been thrown out long ago, taken by the scruff tossed off the stage and out of the building – the Church?
I am amazed how loud the ecumenical (interreligious and interdenominational) Church has become and how its sway on many other Churches has increased with pandemic proportions. To want Christ and Him alone is not good enough these days. Rather than preach and teach Jesus’ words, Churches would rather promote programs filled with selfish emotionalism and self-promotion. I am sure there are many other people – True Christians – that feel the same way but are sponged out by the din of modern Christianity and the promotion of the Church and its buildings.